Compassionate Communities - CoCo
What is Compassionate Communities (CoCo)?
Compassionate Communities (CoCo) is a local initiative to tackle loneliness and isolation. It is free and open to all.
What do we do?
We are all different, so the type and amount of care and support we can give varies greatly, but at the heart of what we do is befriending. Here is a sample of the kind of support CoCo offer:
- Befriending, visiting, listening and chatting
- Reading to or listen to music together
- Playing games, such as scrabble
- Shopping for or shopping together
- Walking the dog or feeding pets
- Collecting library books or prescriptions
- Attending appointments together
- Helping with paperwork
How do we know who to help?
If you think someone could benefit please mention it to our Care Co-ordinator.